The holidays are and here already and if you are thinking about selling your home, you may be asking yourself if now is a good time. The answer is yes. Many people think that the best time to put your home on the market is the spring but there a lot of reasons why the winter months are a great time to list your property.
- Being that most people wait until the spring to list their home, there is a huge inventory bump come April. Less competition means your home will sell for more money and faster. And there are more Buyers out looking with interest rates low and the economy showing signs of improvement. In Astoria there are 37 homes on the market as of December 2012. The inventory last summer was about 100 homes, which means almost three times as many homes to choose from for your potential buyers.
- People who are looking during the holidays are very serious buyers. So while you might have fewer showing, they will be more likely to produce offers.
- Purchasers have more free time during the holiday and can spend that time looking at houses.
- You can still be on the market and you can have the option to restrict your showings around your holiday schedule.
- You can sell now for more money and provide a way for you to delay that closing and extend your occupancy until next year.